Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Holiday Cookie Lineup - 7 EASY Recipes



'Tis the season of baking! Most of us will be baking in the next two weeks, be it for parties, our own holidays or new year celebrations.  Since I plan on being occupied with my own fun over the next few weeks, I thought I'd do one of those fantastic cheater posts where I review my favorite holiday-friendly cookie recipes in case you are making some last minute dessert menu decisions. The best part about my list is that they are all SUPER easy, so if you have one of those, "OH CRAP, I FORGOT TO GET A GIFT FOR SO-AND-SO," moments, you can quickly whip up a batch of cookies and act like you planned it that way all along.

Have a cookie that should be on this list? I'm not fancy enough for a linkey, but leave a comment with a link to your favorite, easy, cookie and let's all share!

My list goes like this.....

#1 - Russian Tea Cakes (with or without lavender.) These are a classic, and cookie making really doesn't get too much easier than this.  These are dainty and good for crowds, as they are easily popped in your mouth in one bite.


#2 - Brown Butter and Amaretto Brownies (not really a cookie, but who will notice? No one. They will just eat.) I like these because they are a decadent twist on a favorite. A little goes a long way with these, so you can cut them into small pieces for your holiday trays, or just so you can keep a private stash of chocolate to get you through the season.



#3 - Chocolate Chip Cookies. I don't care what season it is, you can't go wrong with these. Toss some sprinkles on the top before they bake if you really need your baked goods to be coated in holiday color, or get some of those neat-o holiday colored chocolate chips. Also? This was my very first blog post, so insert, "awwwwwwww," here.


#4 - Iced Sugar Cookies. It doesn't get much more holiday-festive-like than a good, old fashioned, iced sugar cookie. This is a stable for all celebrations in my family, and I can't imagine a holiday without them. These are a soft cookie which is best compared to 'Lofthouse' cookies, only, I think mine are better. Yes, I just said that in public. I don't consider it gloating-- this recipe has been in my family for 150+ years, so it's really my ancestors you need to blame for the extreme deliciousness.



#5 - Gingerbread Men (or Ninjabread Men). Whatever shape you cut them into, this is a classic molasses ginger bread cookie. Firm but soft in texture, spicy in flavor. Don't let cookies that require rolling psych you out-- they are not difficult! A little messy....maybe....but totally worth it!


#6 - Peanut Butter M&M cookies.  Another timeless classic! If you are looking to be extra festive, get the holiday colored M&Ms. I like to pretend the fact that peanut butter packs a protein punch makes these a healthy cookie alternative, but that's probably not true.



#7 - Drop Sugar Cookies. Don't have time to roll out sugar cookies? These are quick and simple. Exercise your inner Martha Stewart (the cooking Martha, not the felon Martha) and add some food coloring to match your cookies to your party.



Whatever your plans over the next few weeks, baking or not baking, I hope they are fantastic! I wish you a happy and relaxing holiday season and that 2013 be your best year yet!

Happy Holidays!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment